NAIL TATTOOS TUTORIAL
Fatjunkie nail tattoos are sorta like nail stickers but more like waterslide nail decals. Think of them as temporary tattoos for your fingernails. Here's how you get them on:
- Paint nails with two coats of polish and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Cut out selected nail tattoo as close to the image as possible.
- Remove protective film.
- Apply nail tattoo face down on nail and press down.
- Moisten nail tattoo with a Q-tip soaked in water and allow to sit for 5-10 seconds (Please note, you need to soak the Geometry nail tattoos for 15-20 seconds)
- Slide backing paper from nail tattoo.
- Smooth out nail tattoo with Q-tip if necessary.
- Wipe away excess water and pat dry.
- Seal with clear top coat and allow to dry. Apply additional layers of top coat for added protection.
A video tutorial by @onceuponablog.nl is available here.
- Fatjunkie nail tattoos are thin and when the protective film is removed the surface is tacky so handle with care.
- If you are applying fatjunkie nail tattoos on polished nails, the polish must be completely dry and hardened.
- Cutting the nail tattoos as close as possible to the image will help with positioning the nail tattoo on nails.
- When the nail tattoo has been placed face down on a nail, it should not be moved.
- When the nail tattoo has been placed and the backing paper has been removed, gently smooth out nail tattoo if necessary and pat down to ensure the nail tattoo has fully adhered to nail.
- It is a little more tricky to apply fatjunkie nail tattoos on top of glitter nail polish. The nail tattoo will not immediately stick to the nail because of the rough surface. The easiest thing to do is apply a top coat to smooth out the surface before placing the nail tattoos. Thicker top coats like Seche Vite work better. If the nail tattoo won't stick to the surface, you will need to hold it in place with your thumb or forefinger while you moisten the tattoo. When applying water to the nail tattoo, press down gently. Be gentle particularly if the surface is still rough as it can damage the nail tattoo.
- A top coat should only be applied on dry, clean nails. Be sure to wipe away excess water and pat dry before you apply a top coat.
- A top coat, although highly recommended, is not necessary as the nail tattoos can be worn like temporary tattoos. Without a top coat, the nail tattoos will last about 1-2 days.
- Apply additional layers of top coat for added protection.